Residents of New York City may be eligible to access various modes of public transportation if disabled, elderly, or a NYC student. This chapter contains information on several resources for such individuals, which include:
- Access A Ride (AAR): The para transit service for NYC residents that provides door-to-door service for eligible individuals who are unable to ride the public bus and subway system due to a temporary or permanent disability.
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Reduced/Half Fare: The MTA offers a reduced/half fare for seniors age 65 and over, as well as for individuals with a qualifying disability, when using New York City’s public transportation services.
- Parking Permits for the Disabled: Coming Soon
- Senior Transportation: Coming Soon
- School Transportation: Coming Soon