Educating the Social Service Professional
The Benefit Plus Learning Center equips social service professionals to effectively navigate the public benefit system through its high quality training opportunities. Professionals learn the fundamentals of public benefit and federally subsidized housing programs, gain practical knowledge, and hone their advocacy skills, all at an affordable cost.
Click Here to View the Spring 2015 Training Schedule
Click Here To Register For Training
Click Here Registration Instructions and Cancellation policy
About Our Trainings
Held throughout the year, our courses enable professionals to:
- Learn the fundamentals of public benefits and housing programs;
- Gain practical knowledge to effectively access benefits and housing programs for clients;
- Develop skills to successfully use the information to negotiate the benefit system;
- Interact with expert instructors and learn best practices;
- Dialogue with participants about successful strategies;
- Network with other social service professionals in the field.
Training participants receive a Participant Guide and additional tools to assist them when working with clients. We offer both basic courses, which includes the fundamentals of various benefit and housing programs, as well as advanced courses, such as returning to work provisions, complex budgeting, overpayments, dealing with challenges when working with special populations (immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, survivors of domestic violence, homeless, disconnected youth) and more.
Click here to receive email alerts to upcoming trainings!
On-Site Training Available
- Click here for a complete list of trainings offered by the Benefits Plus Learning Center.
- For more information on our on-site trainings, or to arrange a training, contact Leslie Boutin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-614-5444.