In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, NYS has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for anyone returning from travel to states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19.
NYS Travel Restrictions
Effective Thursday, June 25th, individuals who have traveled from one of the designated restricted states with significant community spread, must quarantine when they enter New York, unless they are an essential worker. These requirements do not apply to any individual passing through one of the designated states for a limited duration (less than 24 hours).
Exceptions to the travel advisory are permitted for essential workers and are limited based on the duration of time in designated states, as well as the intended duration of time in New York. For more information visit: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/06/interimguidance_traveladvisory.pdf.
Visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory#restricted-states for a listing of restricted states
To read the full guidance visit: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/06/interimguidance_traveladvisory.pdf
- The individual must not be in public or otherwise leave the quarters that they have identified as suitable for their quarantine.
- The individual must be situated in separate quarters with a separate bathroom facility for each individual or family group. Access to a sink with soap, water, and paper towels is necessary.
- Cleaning supplies (e.g. household cleaning wipes, bleach) must be provided in any shared bathroom.
- The individual must have a way to self-quarantine from household members as soon as fever or other symptoms develop, in a separate room(s) with a separate door. Given that an exposed person might become ill while sleeping, the exposed person must sleep in a separate bedroom from household members.
- Food must be delivered to the person’s quarters.
- Quarters must have a supply of face masks for individuals to put on if they become symptomatic.
- Garbage must be bagged and left outside for routine pick up. Special handling is not required.
- A system for temperature and symptom monitoring must be implemented to provide assessment in-place for the quarantined persons in their separate quarters.
- Nearby medical facilities must be notified, if the individual begins to experience more than mild symptoms and may require medical assistance.
- The quarters must be secure against unauthorized access.
FAILURE TO SELF-QUARANTINE
To file a report of an individual failing to adhere to the quarantine call 833-789-0470 or visit https://mylicense.custhelp.com/app/ask.